Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Welcome to Jem's blog!

Hey there viewers! I don't know where to begin, so I’ll start by introducing myself. My name is Jem Finch. I am 9 years old and live in the United States in the state of Alabama in a small town known as Maycomb county. I have a younger sister named Scout (four years younger) and a father named Atticus. My mother had died when I was six years of age.

In the summer of 1933, a boy named Charles Baker Harris aka Dill moves in next door. He stayed for the summer with his aunt, Miss Rachel Haverford, who owns the house next to us. All summer, we developed and created a friendship, by playing outdoor activities and games. Dill suggested us playing a game involving Boo Radley.

Arthur “Boo” Radley lives in the run-down house. Nobody has seen him outside in years. Let me give you a small description of him: “Boo was about six-and-a-half feet tall, judging from his tracks; he dined on raw squirrels and any cats he could catch, that's why his hands were bloodstained—if you ate an animal raw, you could never wash the blood off. There was a long jagged scar that ran across his face; what teeth he had were yellow and rotten; his eyes popped, and he drooled most of the time.” We were all afraid of him, but Dill somehow convince us to play.

A new school year is just around the corner, and Dill leaves Maycomb. I’m going to miss him so much until next summer. Ugh! School is starting too.


No comments:

Post a Comment