Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tom Robinson convicted guilty.


Calpurnia handed Atticus a note telling him that we had not been home since noon. Atticus told us to go home and have supper. We begged to stay and to hear the verdict. Atticus said that we could return after supper. Calpurnia took me, Scout, and Dill home for dinner. We ate as quickly as possible and returned back to our seats.

It was evening now, but I still remained confident. Finally, the jury enters. FYI, a jury never looks at a man it has convicted. The jury had convicted him guilty. I cried against the injustice of the verdict. This was so unfair. I was so confident that Tom Robinson would be convicted innocent, he didn't do anything wrong after-all.


Miss Maudie invited us for some cake. I told her everything that had happened last night and the injustice verdict. I thought Maycomb people were the best in the world, but, since after the trial, I lost that thought. We left Miss Maudie's house soon after.

Bob Ewell’s threatened Atticus after he made him look like a fool during the trial, so Ewell seeks revenge. I was worried.

Meanwhile, Tom Robinson was sent to another prison. Atticus and I discussed the justice of executing men for rape.

Scout grew furious at Aunt Alexandra's remarks, so I took her out of the room. Then, I told Scout, Calpurnia, and Miss Maudie that Tom Robinson attempted to escape on the way to jail and was shot seventeen times. Calpurnia took me with her to spread the news to the Robinson family of Tom’s death.

Later on, Scout and I were on the porch, when she noticed a bug that she was about to mash. Why would she do something like that, when the bug has done no harm to her.

September has begun and summer ends, Dill has to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment