Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mysterious objects found in a knot-hole



OMG! My stupid sister chewed gum she found in the knothole of a tree. Does she not know it could possibly kill her!? Walking home from the last day of school, she showed me where she found her prize, and revealed the spot. On the last day of school, Scout and I found two “Indian-head” pennies hidden in the same knothole. This is getting interesting, who's leaving this valuable possession.


Summer has finally arrived. A long school year has just ended, and Dill returns to Maycomb. Me, Scout, and Dill begin our games once again. We decided to roll down a hill inside an old tire we found.  We then moved on to play our “Boo Radley” game. As the summer passed, we complicated the game by modifying it.

One day, Dill and I plan to give a note to Boo with a fishing pole, but Atticus caught us and ordered us to “stop tormenting that man.” We didn't even do anything wrong or broke any laws. We obeyed not playing the "Boo Radley" game until the last day of summer. We were going to take this a whole new level! We would sneak over to the Radley Place and peek in. Suddenly, we saw a shadow of a man. We heard a shotgun fired. My heart was beating fast and I was panicking. We fled under the fence by the schoolyard, but my pants got caught on the fence, so I had to pull them off. What an embarrassing moment.

Atticus asked me where my pants had gone, and Dill gave a funny response that he won my pants in a game of strip poker. Phew! At least it worked, right. Late that night, I snuck out to retrieve my pants. A mysterious person neatly folded my pants on the fence.

Another summer has come and gone. One day while coming home from school that day, we found another present hidden in the knothole, a ball of gray twine. We left it there for a few days, but no one took it, so from now on, anything in that knot-hole is ours to claim. We claimed two figures carved in soap, a medal, and an old pocket watch. The knot-hole was later filled with cement, and Mr Radley told me the tree was dying.



2 comments: